Thank you for taking the first step towards becoming a member of SLACC-tt.
Why join SLACC-tt?
SLACC-tt campaigns on a variety of issues related to climate change and works locally to increase understanding of the implications of climate change, to reduce waste of resources in all its forms and to promote transition towards a more sustainable and low carbon community. Your membership helps us make a difference.
SLACC-tt membership allows you to:
- Inform our priorities and policies by using your voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Enable us to speak to and for the local community in representing the issues surrounding climate change locally
- Help us meet the production costs of our FREE monthly E-newsletter
- Our charitable status enables us to complement other groups by carrying out funded projects which they find it hard to fund and manage.
How current members are already helping.
Fees allow us to:
- Continue campaigning activities related to local climate related issues. We are currently supporting campaigners against the proposed Cumbria coal mine
- Improve our support to local groups that are affiliated to us, such as Kendal Peoples Café (KPC diverts waste food from landfill whilst offering a service to the local people
- Collaborate with others, including the Town Council and local schools. Recently completed projects include the pollinator citizen science project with primary school children. We are also developing a project on local forms of active travel
- Continue to deliver other community environmental projects as well as maintaining valuable legacy projects such as the Bike Generator
- Educate and share knowledge, including new initiatives such as a weekly column in the Westmorland Gazette in 2020
Membership fees start as little as £10 a year. Of course, you may be able to pay more than that and we welcome whatever amount you feel comfortable to contribute.
Some members pay monthly, others on an annual basis. You simply need to tell us how frequently and how much you’d like to contribute.
How do I join?
To join, simply chose one of the direct debit options in the section below. You will be taken through a payment process using a third party provider called Go Cardless. We will be notified once your payment is successful (it typically takes 9 days)
Once we receive your email, Lisa will contact you to process your membership.
We hope you take action and join us today!
Joining is super easy. Simply decide if you wish to pay by direct debit on a monthly or annual basis. Then select any of the options below and you will be taken to a website called Go Cardless. Go Cardless handle all payments for SLACC in a third party secure system. We do not see your bank details but we are notified that you have signed up. We will be in contact with you once your payment has been received (this can take up to 9 days).
If you wish to pay a membership amount that isn’t listed below, simply email Lisa at email@example.com to arrange a bespoke payment plan. Please note, the minimum membership payment is currently £10 per year.
Remember, if your preferred payment plan isn’t listed, simply email Lisa at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to arrange a personal payment plan. Please note, the minimum annual payment is currently £10 per year.